I am a Ph.D. candidate working within Computational Mechanics Research Group at University of California, Davis. I obtained my Bachelor's degree from Department of Civil Engineering, Tongji University in 2016. I am currently a member of the Geotechnical Graduate Student Society (GGSS) at UC Davis, American Mathematical Society (AMS) and a student member of Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI).
- PhD, Geotechnical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA, 2016-2020
- Master, Applied Mathematics, University of California, Davis, USA, 2017-2019
- Bachelor, Civil Engineering, Tongji University, China, 2012-2016
- Time domain, non-ergodic, non-stationary, incoherent stochastic ground motion modeling
- Probabilistic elastoplasticity
- Dimension reduced Galerkin stochastic elastoplastic finite element method
- Time domain intrusive probabilistic seismic risk analysis and performance-based earthquake engineering
- Physics-based, spatially varying, inclined 3D seismic motion modeling
- Nonlinear dynamic analysis of earthquake soil structure interaction system under 3D seismic motions
- Coupled analysis of earthquake soil structure fluid interaction
My research encompasses computational mechanics, engineering seismology, geotechnical engineering and structural dynamics for better safety and economy of infrastructure objects, such as buildings, nuclear installations, dams, etc., against earthquake hazards. Focus is on the theoretical and computational development for characterization/propagation of aleatory variability and quantification/reduction of modeling epistemic uncertainty within earthquake soil structure fluid interaction (ESSFI) system. Emphasis is to develop theoretical methodology and high performance simulation system that predict and inform rather than fit the underlying stochastic physics. Current work include:
Characterization & propagation of aleatory variability
Quantification & reduction of modeling epistemic uncertainty
Most of my research contributes to Real-ESSI Simulator System, a high fidelity finite element simulator for static and dynamic, deterministic and probabilistic, elastic and inelastic modeling and simulation of earthquakes, soil, structures and their interaction. See a list of Publications for more info.